BENT IMAGE LAB
PORTLAND, OR (Jun 2011 to now)
- Behind-the-scenes artist creating scenery, props, and puppets for stop-motion film and ad design.
- Specialized in small-scale miniature fabrication using design, sculpting, painting, airbrushing, and molding.
- Responsible for rigging and wrangling the puppets; making sure everyone is accounted for and securely in place when required.
- Able to fabricate, dress, and strike sets and scenery.
- High speed decision-making and excellent group cooperation required for short-deadline projects.
- Very high degree of artistic vision required to maintain the quality needed for television.
- Clients have included Warner Bros, Cartoon Network, Hallmark, and IFC.
MICHAEL CURRY DESIGN
SCAPPOOSE, OR (Sep 2008 to May 2010)
- Construction of large-scale props, puppets, and costumes for live theater events.
- Familiarity with industrial sewing machines, sergers, and a huge variety of fabrics, furs, plastics, and surface treatments.
- Clients have included Universal Studios, Cirque du Soleil, Michael Jackson, and Disney.
PACIFIC NORTHWEST COLLEGE OF ART
PORTLAND, OR (Sep 2008 to May 2011)
- Acted as school liaison for guests and students entering the Manuel Izquierdo Sculpture Building.
- Responsible for alerting school authorities in case of emergency.
- Was 'the face' of the sculpture department for three years, providing information on facilities and hours to Continuing Education classes and students alike.
EUGENE, OR (Jan 2007 to Jan 2008)
- In-house buyer for a new/used/vintage consignment clothing store.
- Created and arranged eye-catching in-store displays with mannequins and display units.
- Rang up purchases at the cash register.
- Maintenance of a clean, harmonious store interior, while organizing merchandise and tracking consignment sales.
(Jan 2002 to now)
- Dozens of private client projects including signage, book cover design, web graphics, logos, portraiture, flyers, and album art.
- Blog of process work can be found at http://samalacoffey.wordpress.com
BFA in Illustration, Minor in Animation
Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland OR, May 2011